The Old Ship Hotel, Brighton is an impressive 4 Star hotel perfect for Murder Mystery breaks. The historic hotel has parts dating back to 1559 and is one of Brighton’s oldest hotels. Its iconic seafront location lends itself to stunning panoramic sea views, alongside excellent accessibility to local attractions and British seaside traditions.
Guest bedrooms at The Old Ship hotel are individually designed with their own character. All rooms include an en-suite bathroom, flat-screen TV with Freeview, Free WiFi and tea and coffee facilities, a perfect retreat after an action-packed murder mystery evening.
Guests will receive a delicious 3 course evening meal whilst the murder mystery takes place in one of the hotels beautiful function rooms. Murder Mystery guests can spend a lazy afternoon with a cup of tea reading the newspaper gazing out at the stunning sea view or why not take a stroll along the sea front and visit the iconic Brighton Pier.
Please Note: There is limited parking available onsite at the hotel charged at £27 (time of arrival until midday the following day) - Additional hours are charged at £4.50 per hour. There is also a large car park next door with similar charges.
Menu Choices 2023
- Ham hock and pea terrine, pickled carrot, radish salad (g/f & d/f)
- Potted mackerel, cucumber and caper salsa, ciabatta anchovy crispbread (g/f on request)
- Candied beetroot, toasted goats cheese, sourdough croutons (v, g/f & vegan on request)
- Garlic and rosemary marinated chicken, pommes Anna, Maple glazed root vegetables, red wine jus (g/f & d/f on request)
- Gremolata topped cod, Chive crushed new potatoes, fine beans, dill cream (g/f & d/f on request)
- Mediterranean vegetable And Lentil Wellington, Fine Beans, courgette, Pomegranate Dressing (v, vegan & d/f)
- Chocolate and salted caramel tart, chocolate sauce, raspberry cream
- Pecan pie, caramel sauce, blueberry compote, Hazelnut cream
- Raspberry frangipane tart, morello cherry compote (vegan, g/f & d/f)
Menu Choices - December 2023
- Pea, leek and parsley soup with chives (gf/df/vegan)
- Smoked mackerel pate topped with beetroot relish, pickled cucumber and toasted ciabatta
- Ham hock and pommery mustard terrine, carrot, shallot and caper salsa, toasted ciabatta (df)
- Turkey, roast potatoes, maple roasted root vegetables, Brussel sprouts, pigs in blankets, cranberry stuffing slice, sage and thyme gravy
- Butternut squash and pumpkin seed nut roast, roast potatoes, maple roasted root vegetables, Brussel sprouts, sage and thyme gravy (dg/gf/vegan)
- Parsley and lemon crusted cod loin, crushed new potatoes, maple roasted root vegetables, dill cream sauce
- Chocolate and salted caramel tart with a white chocolate mousse
- Classic Christmas pudding with brandy sauce
- Chocolate and coconut tart with fruit compote (gf/df/vegan)
Menu Choices 2024
- Ham hock and pickled carrot terrine, honey parsnip puree, roquette, crispbread (GF, DF on request)
- Lemon and dill mackerel parfait, cucumber salsa, crispbread (GF on request)
- Bruschetta with sundried tomato pesto and vegan feta (V, Ve, DF)
- Garlic and thyme Chicken, pommes anna, roasted carrots, fine beans, red wine and madeira jus (GF, DF on request)
- Chive and caper crusted cod loin, pommes Anna, roasted carrots, fine beans, parsley (GF, DF on request)
- Beetroot wellington, fine beans, tender stem broccoli, pumpkin seed pesto (V, Ve, DF)
- Biscoff cheesecake, white chocolate mousse (V, DF)
- Chocolate orange tart, cherry compote (V, DF GF)